Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Send in the Clowns

For about a year now, in one area of my life, I’ve felt like I’ve been in one long audition.

I’ve given all I have in me to give – and then some, praise God. I’ve done the best I can. I’ve shown the best of myself. I’ve listened to God when He held me back and I’ve stepped in time when He pushed me forward.

I’ve heard God speak, seen Him move, witnessed miracles, experienced fulfilled promises, and felt joy like never before in my life.

I can say that, with God’s help and His very real presence and guidance, I’ve done very little I regret. Only flubbed a few lines. I can’t praise Him enough for that.

And I have prayed. And prayed. And prayed some more.

Now, though, the audition is over. There’s nothing more I can do.

It’s time for me to step off the stage for awhile and just let Daddy have it. Time for me to wait in the wings, behind the curtain, until I hear my name called again.


0 comments: